This site will follow along with Micah's third grade journey and Lilly's preschool journey.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Predictions

I Love teaching, but it's moments like this that make me laugh so hard and appreciate the differences between my kids.  It is such a priviledge to be their teacher, to watch their lightbulbs go off, to reach milestones ... and to hear comments like these come out of their mouths.
In Language Arts, Micah and I have been working on the main idea and details.  Today we did an activity with 'prediction'.
Here is the lesson:  Read the following part of a story, think about what might happen next, draw a picture of what you think will happen next, and write about what you think will happen next.
Here is the story:  The puppy knows he should not sit on the new chair.  He has been told many times.  But one day the puppy is home alone.  He wants to take a nap.  The chair looks so soft.

While Micah is working on that, I go over to do an activity with Lilly.  I come back over and look at Micah's responses.
Micah's drawing.
He wrote:  but sidny sits on the floor.

So, knowing their personalities (Micah respects 'the line', Lilly tests 'the line') I had Lilly come over.  I read her the story and then asked "What do you think will happen next?"
Lilly immediately responded (with a look of 'of course') "the puppy's going to jump up on the chair and take a nap."

No comments:

Post a Comment