This site will follow along with Micah's third grade journey and Lilly's preschool journey.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday - day 2

Tonya is so relaxed with her schedule, lessons, and kids.  Once she spent some time with them and got through 'the first day's' curriculum, she knew better what to expect, personalities, and what to teach.  Last night and today she was definitely herself again.
The preschool group (me) spent a nice amount of time with the 2 older groups today.  We made tie-die shirts.  In the morning we wrapped the rubber bands and in the afternoon (5pm) we squirted on the paint.  It was great fun for them to combine the colors!  I had each of my kids point to a place on my t-shirt for a rubber band that will represent them.  Then I had one of the elementary kids do the painting for me, while I helped the little ones and took pictures.  He did a super job!
 Our room was much hotter today than yesterday. The afternoon was unbearable for the little ones. They were already tired, then the heat mixed in and it created grumpy, irritable, attitudes. They couldn't help it and they were having meltdowns. We moved our mattress to a semi-cooler room to watch VeggieTales, but we'll need a new plan for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment